Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Days!

As most of you are probably aware, the Midwest has been slammed with a massive winter storm, particularly where we live in southwestern Indiana. I think we've received around 8 to 10 inches of snow total in the past couple of days. I managed to get the driveway shoveled before B came home early from the office yesterday, only to discover this morning that it had been recovered with a fresh blanket of snow. B's on-call today, and since he didn't have to go into the hospital for anything this morning, he took the job of shoveling. Way back in August or September, I managed to find snow pants for V, so I was really excited that we were finally going to be able to use them. He wasn't so sure about them, his boots, or the snow, but once he realized what I was doing with the shovel yesterday, he wanted to help out as much as possible. He liked to tromp around in the boot prints and tracks left behind by car tires as well as try to push snow away with a broom or the shovel. Today, our neighbors were out pulling their sons on sleds. We don't have a sled, but I discovered our wagon could almost be considered an ATV. It sits up pretty high, and the wheels did fairly well in the shallower snow. I pulled V around our neighborhood in his wagon alongside our neighbors and their sledding boys. I also tried to get V to actually stand or sit in the snow, but it was pretty deep, and he would rather be held than get cold, wet stuff down his boots or in his mittens. All in all, though, we had a pretty good time. I have a feeling we'll be making a day of it tomorrow.

It reminds me of the line from "A Christmas Story": "My kid brother looked like a tick about ready to pop."


What our driveway looked like yesterday before being shoveled.


There's a lawn table and chairs underneath all that snow somewhere!


"Look, Mommy! I put on my mittens all by myself!"


Our little helper tries to push snow with the shovel.


V sitting atop one of the tall snowbanks left behind after all of our shoveling.


I made a snow angel and tried to get V to make one, too. He wasn't very happy about that.


Our wagon, the All Terrain Vehicle!


Hope you're all trying to stay warm and dry like us!
Best,
Amanda

No comments: