Monday, February 23, 2009

A Little Music To Brighten Your Day

After perusing Wil Wheaton's blog, I came across this YouTube clip of a very talented "experimental musician", as Zoe Keating calls herself. If you can't tell, as she finishes a phrase of music on her cello, it is somehow "remembered" by her Macbook, and it continues to play under the next phrasing of music, making it sound as though the music is being played by a quartet (or bigger). It's some pretty complex stuff that I don't understand, but the music is haunting and beautiful. I'll be checking out her website and buying her music through iTunes soon, I'm sure.

I think if I ever decide to play music while I'm sewing, Zoe Keating will be at the top of the list. I have my second sewing lesson today, in which I'm supposed to start actually sewing my project, since I managed to lay out the pattern and cut the fabric all by myself at home! We'll see how it turns out.
Have a great day, and best to you all!
Amanda

No comments: