Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My New Crazy Idea...

When I started this blog way back when, I wanted to make it a forum for other spouses of physicians and their thoughts and questions about married life. Well, things change as they always do, and it's now become a blog about my personal life with my son and husband with an occasional aside about living with his career. After I wrote my guest post for my friend Momma Bear recently, I received an e-mail from another mommy friend telling me I should save this blog for my personal life stuff and write a completely different blog entirely on the subject of being married to a male OB/GYN. Both of these moms are currently doing something similar. Momma Bear has her personal blog and another on potager gardening, which is one of her passions. My other mommy friend, who blogs about her life at Glass of Whine, just started a second blog all about things to do in Columbus, Ohio, with your kids. You can check it out at cBus Mom. After K sent me the e-mail with the idea of writing two blogs, I've spent some time pondering it and wondering if there are other people (especially other women) who would be interested in what I have to say and would actually read it. My guest blog post on the subject seemed to go over fairly well to my surprise. I told K that since B became a doctor, and particularly, an OB/GYN, it has become such a common place thing to me that I never really thought about what it must look like from someone else's point of view. So, if I do decide to start another blog on life as the wife of a male OB/GYN, I'd like to get some ideas from all of my readers here. What types of questions would you want me to answer? What types of things would you want me to discuss? Please leave your questions in the comments section of this post, and if I have a good response, I may just go ahead and start a second blog. Thanks in advance (especially for reading this blog)!
Best,
Amanda

No comments: