Monday, October 27, 2008

There And Back Again...

I won't bore you with all of the details from my little Chicago vacay. Suffice it to say, I had a great time with my three girl friends, and the break from the mundane things in life was much needed. Below are a few highlights from the trip.

One view from our hotel


Another view of Chicago


Downtown Chicago at night from the top of the Sears Tower


"Holey Cow!" We had a great dinner at Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse and Bar.




Some of the buildings were lit up in pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month


I loved our hotel's elevators. They made me think we'd stepped back in time.


I'm a sucker for amazing architecture, and Chicago has loads of it everywhere!






If you're a chocoholic like me, then you'd love this one street off the Magnificent Mile. There's a Hershey's store on one side of it...


And a Ghirardelli Ice Cream/Chocolate shop on the other.


We somehow managed to get a limo ride from our hotel to the ESPNZone Restaurant on Saturday night. It was awesome!




There were TVs tuned to ESPN everywhere in the restaurant, including above EVERY SINGLE stall in the restroom. I guess they didn't want you to miss the big game while you peed.


Packed up and ready to leave. The hotel lobby was just gorgeous.


As you can see, we had an amazing trip, and we're already planning one for next year, preferably when it's warmer. Las Vegas, anyone?
Best to you all,
Amanda

No comments: