Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hubby On Vacation

My husband started a week's vacation yesterday after his call shift ended at the hospital. He decided that he'd prefer to spend this vacation chillin' around the house instead of traveling, especially since we'll be spending his next vacation (in two weeks!) in Los Angeles. He spent his first night on vacation leading our Dungeons and Dragons group through his very own campaign. We had a great time as our characters did major combat on an airship, and then, landed in the middle of nowhere, fought off more baddies, and were rescued by a Warforged barbarian. Because B has next weekend off as well, we'll be continuing the campaign through Eberron, and I'm really looking forward to it. He's quite the talented Dungeon Master! We have a few other plans for the week. Since he'll be home to watch V, I have an appointment tomorrow at my new OB/GYN's office for my annual exam, and we'll be taking V to his two year appointment with his new pediatrician on Wednesday. I'm also going to try to get into an eye doctor this week because I'm in desperate need of new glasses. Besides these important tasks, we're also having friends over for gaming tomorrow night. One of the women in my new moms group mentioned that she and her husband like to play board games, so we decided to invite them to our house for dinner and fun. I'm really looking forward to adding more people to our ever growing circle of friends. Later in the week, B and I want to go see the new James Bond movie. Our college/gaming friends have volunteered to watch V for us while we have our "date", and in return, B is going to watch their sons and V while the wife of the couple and I try to see the new romantic vampire film that's coming out next weekend. It'll be like a little vacation for me, too, because I haven't been to a movie theater in ages! I also plan on catching up on some books I've been meaning to finish as well as a few NetFlix movies we have waiting for us to watch. So, if you can't tell, I'm really happy that B will be home all week. It'll be a great chance for us to just hang out, spend time with V, see our friends, and have lots of fun and relaxation.
Hope you all have a great week, too!
Best to you all,
Amanda

No comments: