Wednesday, November 5, 2008

YES WE CAN!

Like many Americans around the country, I've been glued to my television since the polls closed in my home state. I watched as CNN projected which states would go to which candidate. I watched as the polls closed on the West Coast, and Barack Obama was declared the next President of the United States. And, I was moved by the celebration and sense of joy (and, maybe, of relief) that was being shown from all over the country. And, then, I watched as President-elect Obama walked onto a stage in Chicago surrounded by the world and showed us the kind of American we should all aspire to become. As I said in the comments on Wil Wheaton's latest blogpost:

I must admit that even up to the moment I voted, even though I felt I was making a better choice by voting for Obama, I still wasn't sure if he could truly help bring change about in America. Then, I watched as the people were heard, and he was elected. And, THEN, I heard him speak, and I cried. I now have renewed hope for the future of this country, and I'm ready to get to work. YES WE CAN!

Oh, YES! WE CAN. Congratulations President Obama!

No comments: