Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, V!

On August 4, 2006, at 9:44 a.m., my husband and I celebrated our fifth anniversary by welcoming our beautiful 8 pound, 8 ounce baby boy into the world. Two years later, he's become a walking, talking, dancing, singing, smiling, laughing, rockin' little boy.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, V!!!! We love you!

I'm having issues uploading pictures, so I'll try to repost later.
Update: Apparently, I'm not the only one who is having issues with posting pictures, so I guess we'll all have to wait until someone at Blogger fixes the problem.
In the meantime, V had a great birthday. This past weekend, we went to my in-laws' house to celebrate not only V's birthday, but his two cousins' birthdays as well. All three of them have birthdays within a week of each other, and his cousins are brother and sister, which means V's aunt is very busy with cakes and presents and parties and the like. Her husband's birthday is the same week as their children's, so I really feel for my sister-in-law at this time of year! We decided to have a big party at V's grandparents' house for the kids with a great dinner and cupcakes that spelled out their names and pie and ice cream and lots of presents. We also spent the afternoon swimming in my in-laws' pool. There were a few leftover cupcakes, so this evening after dinner, hubby and I sang "Happy Birthday" to V and helped him blow out two candles on his cupcake. It was a fun little party for just the three of us, and V really made a mess while eating his yellow cupcake with milk chocolate frosting! V's favorite presents so far have been the "Yo Gabba Gabba" guitar we bought him, his new crayons and coloring pad, the cell phone and tiger water bottle he received from his aunt and uncle, and the "Sesame Street" DVDs from his grandparents. We were unable to meet up with my own family this past weekend because of scheduling problems, but we're hoping to celebrate with them some time in the next couple of weeks. Today is also B and my seventh wedding anniversary. We really haven't done anything to celebrate that milestone yet, but next week my family is going to watch V for a few days, while B and I attend Gen Con Indy. We'll have lots of time together, so I'm sure we'll celebrate then! ;)
Hope you're all having as much fun as us!
Best to you all, and "Happy Birthday" to anyone sharing the day with our son.
Amanda

No comments: