Friday, August 29, 2008

No Sleeping Baby Pics, Today. Sigh...

I hoped V would stay in his bed last night, but unfortunately, it didn't happen. I woke up in the middle of the night to him crying in the hallway. When I finally made it out of bed, he had managed to creep down the stairs to the main level of our house, which is where the formal living room, dining room, and kitchen are located. The house was completely dark, and I don't know how he didn't run into anything, but I was able to chase him down and bring him back upstairs. He was pretty scared. I don't think he realized B and I were in our bedroom, and he must have been looking for us somewhere else in the house. I tried to rock him in his room, but it didn't work. I kept falling asleep in the glider, and he tried to fall asleep, but he was just too restless. He wriggled out of my arms at one point and ran down the hall to our bedroom. So, I gave up and put him in bed with B and I. Unfortunately, he was still kind of awake and all over the bed between us. I got up to use the restroom, and when I came back to my side of the bed, V had taken over my pillow. I'd had enough at that point and decided to just let him sleep there, while I went back down the hall and fell asleep in the guest room. B woke me up after his alarm went off to let me know he was going to get ready for work, so I moved V over to B's side of the bed and hopped in myself. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew it was around 8:00 am, and I was pretty much awake. So, that was our night. I guess I was a little too hasty in my hopes that V would transition well into his room. It's going to take a lot longer than I expected, and I think we're going to have to put a baby gate up in his doorway, so he doesn't end up roaming the house in the middle of the night. We'll try again tonight and see what happens.
Hope you're all getting better sleep than us!
Amanda

1 comment:

Glass of Whine said...

It seems so dreadful, but put a safety knob on his side of the door. We had to do that with P b/c she kept getting out and learned how to open the door. I was frantic all night worrying about her falling down the stairs or drowning in the toilet. yes, I am a bit dramatic when I get sleepy...but, the knob thing works great...after a few days worth of frustrated tantrums. She finds her way back into bed and actually sleeps through the night now. I think it makes her feel secure that she is in her own little "apartment." Plus, she plays in there when she can't sleep and eventually goes to bed.