Sunday, September 7, 2008

One More Post Before I Go To Bed....

In the category of "I'm so blogging this":
B and V were playing. The following (paraphrased) conversation occurred.
B walks over to me and says, "V told me that he thinks you should make brownies."
Me, laughing: "Oh, he told you that, did he?"
B: "Yes, he said that."
(The only way we know when V's hungry is when he sign's the word for "eat". This is a clever ploy concocted by my husband to get homemade brownies for dessert.)
I was in the process of folding sheets and getting ready to make beds.
Me: "Well, I have to make the beds, first."
B: "We think you could make the brownies first, and then, make the beds while they're baking!"
Me, a little later: "I've got both chocolate and peanut butter chips, so I can make the brownies...with both of those."
B: "Oh, I thought you were about to say you could make them naked."
Me: Laughing, rolling my eyes, heading upstairs toward the bedrooms to make three beds (our queen-sized bed, V's toddler bed, and the air mattress I have set up on his floor; I've been sleeping there to help him transition into his bedroom; so far, it hasn't been working).
I did end up making my homemade Chocolate Chocolate Chip & Peanut Butter Chip Brownies after the beds were made and the rest of the sheets were put away.
It's funny that hubby's starting to blame certain things on our toddler. I wonder what he'll come up with next? "V told me that he thinks we should buy Rock Band and an XBox 360 to play it on." Actually, I wouldn't mind that idea whatsoever! ;)
Best to you all, and don't forget to laugh, today!
Amanda

No comments: