Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sad News From A Friend

I just found out in an e-mail that the father of one of our best college friends passed away this morning. It was actually a long time coming. His father was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer around the beginning of this year, and his prognosis was not good. The fact that he lived through the summer was a true miracle. He was in home hospice care for the last few months of his life. Our friend and his mother took on the responsibility of caring for him at home, and I admire my friend greatly for his courage and steadfastness throughout the ordeal. I just got off the phone with my husband, who had also received the e-mail and immediately called him. Funeral arrangements have not been completed yet, but once we know time and location, we'll try to go and be there for our friend. B said that he seemed to be taking it very well along with the rest of his family. They had more time with their husband and father than they thought they would, which I think will help them through the grieving process. I couldn't imagine losing a parent at this stage in life, and my heart goes out to him and his family. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
Namaste and best to you all,
Amanda

No comments: